My team was Ninja looted. What can be done about it ?
What is Ninja Looting?
Ninja Looting is the act of looting a NO DROP item by someone that is not in the team that won the looting rights.
What information must I have to report a case of ninja looting?
- Any items looted by someone in your team will never be considered "Ninja-Looted". As a 'killing' team member (the team doing the most damage therefore having loot rights) any team member has as much a right to an item as anyone in the team. The team leader is able to change loot order and is responsible for that loot order.
Note: Raids using the raid interface that can consist of up to 36 players in 6 different teams are considered as a single team for ninjalooting situations. That means that all the players in the raid are in the killing team. Also a single player killing a mob is also considered as a killing team for ninjalooting situations.
- Only NO DROP items will be considered when discussing ninja-looting. Items that are tradable can easily be looted by the leader of a team and traded to the proper individual. The killing team does have rights to the looted item. Again, team leaders are responsible for this action.
- Looting of a NO DROP item by someone outside the killing team while the killing team is discussing the distribution of the item will be considered ninja-looting.
A ninja looting claim must be petitioned within 12 hours of the incident. This gives you a chance to determine if the person actually intended to ninja-loot.
If upon an investigation for ninja-looting, a character is found to have actually ninja-looted an item, the item will be deleted from the character and there will be possible disciplinary action taken against them.
Unfortunately we are unable to return Ninja-looted items to the team or person claiming loot rights for any reason.
Abuse of this policy or false petitioning regarding this policy will be treated as attempting to defraud a Customer Service Representative and treated accordingly.
If any of this information is not available then we regret that we are unable to help in this matter.
- Name of the NPC the item was looted from.
- Name of the item.
- How long ago the incident happened to the nearest 30 minutes.
It also helps if the following information is available:
- Name of the ninja looter.
- Names of all the players in the Killing team.
- Name of anyone that was holding the loot open (a member of the Killing Team).